Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Building of the Crib

The husband is busying himself making our very first Christmas crib!

Growing up, at Christmas, my mum would get my brothers to build our crib, rather than use the same store-purchased one every year. I remember, my brother, Adrian, was pretty good at making them. One year, he made a pretty impressive one with wood and nails and dried leaves and all... and even equipped it with a little bulb, creating a warm glow around the crib at night time.

Sham & I thought it would a good idea to start the same tradition in our home too. I went out and bought the figurines, even the cows and the sheep, and Sham started work on the crib.


 

It's half done. He's planning on completing it this weekend. So watch this space to see what our very first crib will look like!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Mel, show us pic of the nice christmas crib!