Sunday, June 9, 2013

An Open Letter to Sham



My love,

I was looking through some old files in my PC and guess what I found? Copies of old letters I’d written you.

The memories came flooding back. Man, how fast time flies! And how far we’ve come! I mean look at us now… a married couple!

It’s been over 2 months now. And it’s been nothing short of extraordinary!

I just wanted to write this to thank you for being the best husband anyone could ever ask for! Truly, Sham, you’ve been absolutely wonderful to me.

You’re a gift to me in so many ways. Thank you so much.

Thank you for providing so well for me and for our home and for working so hard to give us both a good life.

Thank you for being so sensitive to my needs and feelings, my fears and thoughts. I feel so understood and cared for, safe and protected.

Thank you for all the fun you bring into our life together. For silly jokes and funny faces, for your spontaneity and joyful outlook of life. Thank you for making me smile.

Thank you for all the little things you do around the house. For remembering to fill empty water bottles, take out the trash, put the clothes in the machine – without me having to ask. It really means a lot to me.

Thank you for being so loving and affectionate. For hugs and kisses and romantic gestures – flowers, chocolates and notes that come my way so often. Little things and big things that tell me how much you love me. I’m so touched by them.

Thank you, most of all, Sham, for filling me with peace. Fr. Chris said this in his sermon at our wedding mass–

“But he is the man who will make you happy and give you peace and security as together you begin the great adventure of living as man and wife in this beautiful, fragile, amazing and complex new world of ours”

He’s right, you know. When I’m with you, and especially when you put your arms around me tight before I go to sleep, I feel completely and totally… at peace. In your arms, I’m home… safe and loved.

Thank you more than I can ever say.

Thank you for loving me.
I love you too.

Hugs & kisses
Melissa

7 comments:

adriene said...

awww... this is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

see what a pair of beautiful earings can do sham..:)

now write be a letter of gratitude.. i believe i found him

Laura

aidah said...

auwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww mel....
you guys are SO made for each other!

pet said...

so sweeeet *sniff*

NOW can I jump on your couch? No?

Ok then. So sweeeeeet!

Rowie said...

awwww...now we're all getting teary eyed :D

Mel and Sham said...

Thou art sweet, Mrs. Gaspar. However I must refrain temptations to reply as it would initiate a battle of romance.

I shall in response be duty bound to reflect on these profound words!! Thank you baby

Fiona said...

Awwww!